Vympel R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile developed by the Soviet Union. The R-27 is manufactured in infrared-homing (R-27T), semi-active-radar-homing (R-27R), and active-radar-homing (R-27AE) versions, in both Russia and the Ukraine.
Type : Medium-range, air-to-air tactical missile
Manufacturer : Vympel
Place of origin : Soviet Union
In service : 1983- present
Vympel R-27 Variants
- R-27R AA-10 Alamo-A, semi-active radar homing.
- R-27T AA-10 Alamo-B, infrared homing.
- R-27ER AA-10 Alamo-C, the semi-active-radar homing extended-range version.
- R-27ET AA-10 Alamo-D, the infrared-homing extended-range version.
- R-27AE AA-10 Alamo-E, active-radar-homing long-range version.
- R-27EM, naval version. Semi-active-radar homing with an upgraded seeker head.
- R-27P, a passive anti-radiation missile.
|Weight||253 kg (560 lb)|
|Length||4.08 m (13.4 ft)|
|Diameter||230 mm (9.1 in)|
|Warhead||blast/fragmentation, or continuous rod|
|Warhead weight||39 kg (86 lb)|
|radar-proximity and impact fuzes|
|Engine||High performance, w. directed-rocket motor
Solid-fuel rocket motor
|Wingspan||772 mm (30.4 in)|
|R-27R: up to 80 km
R-27T: up to 70 km
R-27ER: up to 130 km
R-27ET: up to 120 km
R-27AE up to 130 km
R-27EM: up to 170km
|Speed||Mach 2.5 to 4.5 (Depending on altitude and weather conditions.)|
|semi-active radar homing|
|the fighter planes